ACE Tiverton Nurture Teaching Assistant
s part of our planned expansion, we are looking to recruit additional full-time Teaching Assistants to support high quality teaching and learning to KS3 and KS4 classes from September 2022.
We currently have a strong team of specialist TAs from a diverse range of backgrounds who mainly assist in one subject area, based on their skills, experience and areas of interest. Please specify any subject strengths in your application. We would be particularly interested in hearing from applicants with skills in Mathematics, Science or Technology, or an interest in supporting a KS3/4 Nurture Group. SEN/ASC experience could be an advantage, but our overriding priority is to find the right people to join our team and full training will be given.
You will work with a team of Teachers and Pastoral Assistants to equip students with life skills that will enable them to thrive as independent, skilled adults who can navigate the multiple demands of the wider world. We are looking for proactive, resilient practitioners with the ability and flexibility to act as a key person for a small group of students, overseeing specialist and pastoral support, alongside assisting with the teaching and learning of a specialist subject to all classes.
To contribute to the school’s passionate belief that behaviour is a form of communication and as such be committed to relationships with children which foster empathy, and which are based on playfulness, acceptance and curiosity. Under the direction/instruction of Senior Staff, provide general support to students and staff, including preparation, routine and maintenance of resources/equipment.
Support for students in accessing learning activities across the curriculum including Learning Outside the Classroom, as directed by Teacher/Senior Staff to include: -
- Support and encourage students to engage in learning activities, and promote positive relationships between all in the school community
- Assist with the supervision of students during off-site activities,
- Be aware of, and comply with Policies and Procedures relating to: - Child Protection; Health & Safety; Security; and Confidentiality – reporting all concerns to the Designated Person/s
- Be aware of, and support difference, and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Be an effective model of the expected behaviour of students, communicated through the use of trauma informed and trauma sensitive strategies.
- To support in the development of Individual Education Plans
Experience & Job Knowledge
- Post holder will be required to solve varied problems, such as those arising from classroom management and the care and support of pupils. In conjunction with the class teacher the post holder will be devising work plans and lessons up to several weeks ahead.
- Post holder will be advising and guiding the pupils on a daily basis. Effective written and oral communication skills required to liaise with pupils, other staff, and parents and outside agencies and professionals.
- Keyboarding skills required to support the use of ICT in learning activities. Post holder may be required to use specialist equipment/resources and aids to support individual students.
- Act at all times in accordance with appropriate legislation and regulations, codes of practice, the provisions of the Trust’s constitution and its’ policies and procedures.
- Undertake all duties with due regard to the equalities policy and relevant legislation.
- Work within the requirements of the Trust’s Health and Safety policy, performance standards, safe systems of work and procedures.
For an informal discussion please contact the Lead Administrator, Stacy Fagg on 01884 763 140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Pack and Application form below. For more information or to apply, send a completed application to the HR Team at TFTrecruitment@deltservices.co.uk
Please note: We are unable to accept CV's or PDF's