ACE Tiverton School - Nurture Teacher
As part of further planned expansion, we are looking to recruit a full-time specialist SEN teacher to deliver high quality teaching and learning from September 2022. Key Stage 2-4 teaching experience alongside that of teaching SEN and/or Nurture training are essential for this role; recent experience of teaching to GCSE level could also be an advantage, but our overriding priority is to find the right person to join our team.
This role is an exciting opportunity to further embed excellence in our school family by creating and developing a Nurture Class for students in Years 8 and 9. We already run successful Year 7 and KS4 classes based upon the Nurture principles; this additional role will enable us to support students across our full age and ability range by increasing capacity for students in Years 8 and 9 to access this approach to learning and holistic support. We are expanding in September 2022 into a purposely designed building that will enable all three of our nurture classes to have their own learning zone within our wider school community. Each class has its own Teaching Assistant and a linked member of the Pastoral Team to support our students to make progress in every area of their lives.
Promote and facilitate excellent progress and well-being of individual students in the teaching groups assigned to him/her and to contribute to an outstanding culture of community across the school. Model the high standards of communication, interpersonal skills and peer relationships expected in every interaction with students, staff and families. Fulfil the role of co-ordinator for the students in the learning family including, but not limited to, annual review, risk assessment, EHCP monitoring.
General Duties - Teaching and Learning
- Teach students in accordance with the professional duties of a teacher.
- Perform the duties of Tutor with care and diligence.
- In each case, having regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the students in any class or group assigned to him/her.
- planning and preparing courses and lessons.
- teaching, according to their education needs, the students assigned to him/her, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student in the school and elsewhere.
- Manage student learning through effective teaching in accordance with the Schemes of Work and Policies.
- Ensure continuity, progression and cohesiveness in all teaching.
- Use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of student needs and ensure equal opportunity for all students.
- Work effectively as a member of the ACE Tiverton team to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- Set high expectations for all students, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
- Develop and use positive relationships in an environment of mutual respect which allows students to feel safe and secure and promotes their self-esteem.
- Promote and facilitate the general progress and well-being of individual students; and of any class or group of students assigned to him/her.
- Provide guidance and advice to students on educational matters and on their further education and future careers, including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions, making relevant records and reports.
- Advise, co-operate and lead, in conjunction with the wider team, in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
For an informal discussion please contact the Lead Administrator, Stacy Fagg on 01884 763 140 or email email@example.com
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Pack and Application form below. For more information or to apply, send a completed application to the HR Team at TFTrecruitment@deltservices.co.uk
Please note: We are unable to accept CV's or PDF's